Gearbox Repairs & Gearbox Adjustments in Cranbrook, Sissinghurst
Cranbrook Cars offers gearbox repairs and replacements throughout Cranbrook and Sissinghurst.
What are the telltale signs of a broken gearbox?
- Steering wheel can feel tight.
- You may hear a grinding noise when steering
- Burning oil smell
- Shifting gear problems
- Grinds or shimmying through different gears
- Strange and unatural noises
How much will it cost to replace a gearbox?
Costs will vary depending where you go, what vehicle you own and many other aspects of the job so no set price can be provided until we know what we are dealing with.
What may cause damage to the gearbox?
There are many reasons damage can be caused to a gearbox but the most common are:
- Gear and bearing worn down
- Contaminated or Insufficient oil
- Gear tooth damage
How long does a new gearbox last?
A brand new gearbox should last upto 100,000 miles with minimum care, this sounds alot but it basically accounts for 7 years of driving and 15,000 miles per year.